Do you like what we’re offering and think that you have something unique and valuable to add to our voice? Looking to engage with a group of experienced, engaged, and enthusiastic emergency managers with a global perspective? Then contact us to see how you might be able to join our team.
NEMRC does not hire anyone directly, we are all independent contractors who work together to keep the website and various social media feeds running effectively. When we are working on a project, we pool our knowledge and resources to be able to provide the best service to our clients. We do not have an “office” per se, most of us work out of our own homes, on our own time. Yeah, we probably could charge a lot more if money was our focus, but the truth is: we are more interested in crafting good emergency management than in big bank accounts.
Generally, we are looking for emergency management and business continuity professionals with the following skills:
- Must be fluent in English to work with the rest of the team
- Must be willing to work intensively on short notice and high-priority documents
- Must be able to work on confidential and secret documents without divulging the contents or client
- Must be willing to abide by the NEMRC code of conduct for independent contractors
Right now, we are looking to expand our portfolio of independent contractors to include the following specific skills:
- Translation of documents from English to various languages, with an emphasis on people who are able to translate into North American indigenous languages
- Emergency Management and Business Continuity professionals from outside North America
- Subject Matter Experts in a wide variety of disciplines who can provide insight and advice on various matters
Interested in joining us, but don’t think you’re qualified? It’s always worth sending us your details, because you might be exactly what we are looking for.
If you want more information, or would like to possibly join our roster of independent contractors, please email us your resume and cover letter, along with any appropriate examples of work that you have performed. We will review all emails, and do our best to reply to everyone who applies.